Sunday, February 8, 2009

A day of red



This post is a few days late, seeing how the pictures are actually from last Thursday, but I'm sure that I'll be forgiven :) I hosted a small girl's night at my house and as usual, I took the original plan of "just a few appetizers and dessert" and morphed it into a full dinner for 8, despite the fact that there would only be 4 people there. My two favorite things though were both red. The roasted red peppers with caramelized onions and a touch of olive oil on top of a fresh baguette were yummy as were the red velvet cupcakes that I made for dessert. I loved the way the red peppers looked under the broiler and I had to tear myself away from the oven to finish the rest of the dinner and stop snapping pictures. The cupcakes I mostly made to take to work the next day for our "desk swapping party". They were definitely better the next day and seeing as this was my first time making the infamous red-velvet, I was very happy with the results and with the fact that I didn't stain a single item with the red dye, something I was sure I'd do. I also made two loaves of chocolate bread, but I think I'll work on this recipe more before I post it on here and I'll probably include the recipe this time too :)

No comments: