Thursday, March 12, 2009

Attempt at Star Wars



First of all, I am not a Star Wars geek. I liked the "first" couple way back when, but I don't know everyone's names, I have only seen each of the movies twice, and I actually don't remember too much about any of them. This made fulfilling my latest order kind of difficult. They wanted a Star Wars cake and on a pretty short notice. I did some research and found some truly amazing cakes...that would all be either way too big or way too time consuming for my purposes. I also found some pretty messy ones and some that gave me good ideas. I combined two designs that I found and sketched it out. I'm getting better at this whole "planning" thing, normally I freehand it and something usually goes wrong. This time, the sketch came out great (I think) but I think I started getting tired by the time I got to the actual cake because I made some pretty obvious mistakes. For the most part though I think the little guy really does look like R2D2 and he's pretty cute. Yep, he's definitely growing on me.

1 comment:

Truly Smitten said...

ahhh! these are so cool! I really miss those peach brioche thing you made for me that one time....