Friday, December 17, 2010

Pretty Teacup for Teatime

Normally, I'm not a big fan of working from home. I know that's weird, but I actually like getting dressed, heading out in the cold, and interacting with coworkers face to face. But when I have to log in at 7am, and I have the option to sleep through the commute time and just roll out of bed, I'm going with the fuzzy robe and slippers routine. While it's too quiet and I'm working straight through lunch, I do get to drink fancy shmancy tea in my pretty tea cups, and that almost makes up for things.

Tea at Home

This is blueberry tea I bought a long long time ago, and while I haven't started baking cookies yet, I make sure to always keep little chocolates at home, just for these occasions.

Tea at Home 2

So in this hectic time of work, holiday shopping, cookie baking, and decoration frenzy, I urge you to take 5 minutes, pour yourself a cup of your favorite tea in the prettiest cup you own, find a cookie or a little treat, and just relax. Just for 5 minutes. Check out this link. Then you can go and wrap the neighborhood in garlands or cover the driveway with tinsel if you like.

2 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Thanks for the reminder to take time out. What a beautiful tea cup indeed! As for the link...that it the coolest thing ever!!! I love the "good tidings" picture the best with the sale ;) Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Alil Country Sugar said...

What a great post for this time of year. I will definitely indulge in your advise.