I feel like almost everyone has given these little babies a try and when a recipe is this easy and looks this great, it's no wonder! You carefully slice a potato almost all the way through, top with some seasonings and bit of olive oil and a sliver of butter and bake. That's it!
The layers separate a bit, crisp up on the outside, but stay tender on the inside. And you can do this to almost any potato. Most people use the great big baking potatoes, but I picked up a few heirloom baby potato varieties this past weekend at the farmers market and their golden pink flesh was perfect for this. Sadly, this was the last farmer's market of the year by me, but I've got enough in my pantry to last me a while.
As many potatoes as you want
Goat butter (or regular, but I really liked this)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice a potato almost all the way through into about 3mm slices.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, drizzle a bit of olive oil, making sure to get some into the cuts.
- Grind some salt and pepper over each potatoes and shake a bit of garlic powder and paprika over them.
- Put a thin sliver of butter over each piece and slide into the oven. About 40 minutes later you'll have beautiful butterflied potatoes ready to eat.