Thursday, April 3, 2008

Design from Martha



This was actually my second try at this cake...for some reason the pictures from the first one didn't come out too well. The first one was an ode to Elvis with the design that my co-worker Sarah found on the Martha Stewart web site. It was a while back, so I don't remember exactly what was in it (a memory lapse that this site was born to remedy), but I remember ganache and a banana custard...yummy. And this was a tribute to the word-of-mouth and it's-a-small-world phenomena. The girl for whose birthday Sarah ordered the cake for contacted me because she liked it and wanted something similar for her other friends birthday. No problem! When she showed up to pick up the cake I found out that I went to Junior High with her years and years ago, back when I could barely speak English. Talk about small world.

1 comment:

Truly Smitten said...

THIS cake was sooooooo goooood. Anna, i wish i had tons of money. Because then, i'd force-hire you to live in my mansion and be my personal baker....then i'd have to hire a crane operator to move me from the kitchen to the bedroom. Everyday. Sounds like a dream.