Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Cupcakes



For my birthday, my sister bought me the cutest little tray ever, but up until now I have not had a good opportunity to use it. So when my co-worker friend Sarah, who by the way has also been one of my best customers, wanted cupcakes for her bridal shower I thought that these little cuties would look perfect on the tray for their photo op. You can't see all of it in the picture above, but it says "My Happiness" on it, and so far everyone that has tried these cupcakes agrees that the statement is appropriate.
The cupcakes themselves are made of a light lemony cake, soaked with lemon and Chambord spiked simple syrup, filled with raspberry whip cream, and topped with a lemony raspberry buttercream. Despite the different parts, the result came out very refreshing and light, and my mom, who's my biggest and most honest critic, had nothing bad to say about them (I think that might be a first).


3 comments:

Fly said...

yay you used my plate! hoorah! oh and the cupcakes look scrumptious. im happy i dont live by you, id go into debt buying all these cupcakes from you and devouring them to obesity. lol

Truly Smitten said...

These cupcakes were a BIG hit at the rehearsal dinner! Particularly our 3 yr old flower girl.... she ate 3!

Anna said...

I'm so glad that they liked them and I'd love to see any pictures from the rehearsal if you have them.